Sunday, July 3, 2011

Tybee Island 2011










We took a fun vacation to Tybee Island with Adam's family on June 8-12th. We had a great time! Alabama and I went down on Wednesday with Jerry and Maxine. Georgia rented a house that she invited us all to come stay at and it was about 3 blocks from the beach. I was a little nervous about Alabama liking the ocean, but she loved it! She keeps saying "I need to go back!" We swam, made sandcastles, played in the sand, found sea shells, and I'm sure she also loved drinking Kool-Aid from Aunt Georgia! Here is her first time in the ocean checking it out. This is when she went with Grandma to the bathroom and they saw an ice cream cone that someone dropped in the sand. The girl talked about that for DAYS!



After the beach Wednesday, we came back to the house and cooked lasagna that I brought and ate supper then we went to go to some shops on the island but they were closed. So we found this super cute park! The kids loved it!

The next morning, we got up and ate breakfast and Georgia and I took the kids shopping in Savannah. Anna and Morgan and a friend, Kalynn got airbrush tattoos. We bought a few things and we also saw this neat little Echo Square where if you stand in the middle of it, you can hear your voice echo, but no one else can! Very neat! We went back to the house and ate lunch and Alabama took a nap while I read a book. That night, we went back to Savannah to meet my cousin, Jeff, and his girlfriend, Brooke. We ate at the Pirate House. Bad. Idea! The food was really good, but the real pirate inside was not! Alabama won't even let me tell people about it! ha! She was so scared! After we ate, we went down to River Street Sweets! We got a little fudge and some gummy butterflies then headed back to Tybee. It was good to see them, but wish we could have visited longer!

I'll post the second part in another post, but here are some family photo time pics! I've always wanted to do pictures on the beach and we all went down to the beach Saturday morning and took some. I think a few turned out really good, but Alabama was so NOT into taking pictures that morning! I don't really blame her, it was soo humid and I was sweating like crazy!










No comments:

Post a Comment