Tuesday, August 21, 2012

The Big 3-0!

I turned 30 yesterday and it really wasn't as bad as I thought it may be. It does sound old to me, but I think i'll use the word "grown-up" instead. I asked the guys in the Praise band if they thought I seemed 30 and they said you have kids so you're already old. Okay. You're right.
We had a very low key day around here. Slept in, woke up to a birthday message in cheese toast my husband left me, opened a birthday card from him with some $$$!, played a little Candy Land, ate our leftover Red Robin birthday burger for lunch, played in the "new" playroom, washed a couple loads of clothes, got lots of sweet phone calls and messages, made brownies with Bama,did a little cleaning out, surprised by Adam when he came home early, then a trip to Hobby Lobby, and supper at Logan's with my family! Yee-ha!
My sweet sister-in-law, Georgia, had a birthday dinner for me on Saturday night. She gave me three plates from 1982. So thoughtful! We had a great time being with them.
The best birthday moment was definitely last night when I was laying down with Alabama.
A: I love you, Mommy. Me:I love you, too, Bama. A:I'm so glad it's your birthday. Me: Thank you, sweetie.
I'm thankful for another wonderful year that the Lord has blessed me with!

No comments:

Post a Comment