Monday, December 5, 2011

One Month

Here is the one month post for Pate! You turned one month old on November 24th...Thanksgiving! We are so very thankful for you! You are getting to be such a little chunk! And oh so handsome!!!
At your two week appointment, you already weighed 9 pounds 2 ounces and were 21 1/2 inches long. The day before you were 1 month, you weighed 11 pounds!!!! It really is no surprise since you LOVE to eat! You are still eating about every 2 hours...even at night! Sometimes you will go three and a half but that's it. You wear mostly 0-3 months clothes now and a size 1 diaper.

Here are the newborn pictures I took. These are a couple of my favorites!
 Everywhere we go, people stop and comment on how beautiful you are and how much dark hair you have!
 You sister, Alabama, loves you so much! She wants to kiss and hold you all the time. She loves to make you clap and wave at me. She always comes to tell me Pate's crying. We just have to watch her to make sure she doesn't try to pick you up! Really the only time she is jealous is when Mimi or someone comes over and they are holding you. She will tell them to put you in the swing so they can come and play with her! ha!
 This is a picture of your first bath. You hated it. Actually you hated the first several baths. Just now you have gotten a little better with it. When you were screaming at the top of your lungs in this picture, Alabama was in the living room saying, "I don't like that noise."
This month you went on your first trip. We went with Papa and Aunt Judy to Greenwood to visit and Aunt Ann and Uncle Phillip.
 You did a lot of new things this month. You went to church and stayed in service with us. The first time you went was the evening service on the 30th. The first place you went out was actually to Target after your first check-up on Friday the 28th. You slept through all of it! We went to a family reunion in Gibson and we even went to the fair!

At first, you were a very fussy little baby, but you seem to have gotten happier in the last two weeks or so. I'm so very glad!!!! :-) It's funny to see the differences in you and Alabama.

Here is a picture of your first bath with Alabama. She was so excited!

It's been an adjustment having a new baby but I am so thankful for you and for a healthy baby! We love you, Pate!
Love, Mommy and Daddy

1 comment:

  1. I've loved reading your blog, Gin!! I'm going to have to start my own for Katie Claire and any future children we have. It's so fun to read about Pate and compare him to Katie Claire. Today was her two week check up. She weighed 7lbs 8 oz and was 21 1/2 inches long. Our next appointment isn't until two months, but I sure would love to know what she weighed at one. Alabama looks like such a good big sister! I'm glad she is adjusting so incredibly well! I'm excited to start my blog. I will let you all know when I get it up!

    ReplyDelete