Monday, May 12, 2014

Mother's Day and Baby Dedication

I woke up on Mother's Day to breakfast in bed of eggs, sausage, and toast cooked by my sweet husband and the sweetest card he made with the big kids! I loved it!
We always do baby dedication at our church on Mother's Day.

 Blue was dedicated this year so some of our family joined us at church. We had 18 babies dedicated! We have a healthy, growing church!

It is such an honor and privilege to be entrusted with these little lives! I pray that as parents, we show them the love of the Lord, teach them His ways, and train them to serve Him all the days of their life.  Blue wore the same dedication gown that my Mama and me made for Pate.

 So precious. I don't care what all the "haters" say, I love a good Southern boy in a gown! :) (On another note, I read an article a few weeks ago that said, "People dress up for what they are grateful for" and I just keep thinking about how true that is.) We had a great Mother's Day with both of our families at our house. Adam worked so hard to get the yard looking great! Hosting is a lot of work, but worth it because it forces you to get a lot done and cleaned up with a deadline! ha! We ate outside under the pecan tree and played corn hole and had a relaxing afternoon.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Pate decided to eat the icing off the cake with a spoon!
 
 
 
 
Aunt Judy even brought Granny out for a little bit and she sat outside, had a taste of cake and listened to Daddy play a little while!
 
 
 
We didn't make it back to church so we ate Zaxby's in the car as we drove around town for a while and Bama went to eat with Mimi. Pate loves riding around with the windows down! We are thankful to have great Mothers and Grandmothers in our lives that help us so much!  
 
 
 
 
I'm so blessed to be the Mama to these three sweet babies of mine!










No comments:

Post a Comment