Friday, September 17, 2010

Unveiling of the new Living Room!!!


Well, it's still not 100% finished, but since Kelly is hosting Show us Your Life: Living Rooms today, I decided to go ahead and reveal our living room switch!

We (I and after much convincing, Adam) decided to switch our "den" and "living room" around for several reasons.


1. Better conversation area and more room for company. Before in the den there was only one couch to sit on to talk or watch TV. In the living room, there was a piano and two chairs! Now the couch and chairs live happpily together in one room!


2. I could put the desk and computer in the old "den" with the piano, and we could convert the office into a playroom for Alabama. I love Fisher-Price and all, but their colors are just not what I want covering every inch of my house!!!

3. I can't remember, but I know there was a number three.


So, Adam took off work for a few days before we went on vacation and we painted and moved furniture! We absolutely LOVE how it turned out! It works soo much better for our family! It's more open, more room to play, and I love having the computer out of the office.
Here is a before picture of the "living room". And here is an after picture! This is the first thing you walk into when you come in the front door. The view here is actually from the dining room.This was the "den" before. While Adam was a little weary of giving us his cozy TV room, he now agrees that the new room is great! I don't have the after pics of the piano/computer room yet, but I will post them, too! The chair on the right is a $5 thrift store find that we are going to reupholster in this fabric that I found at the S.A.! We are also still looking for the perfect light fixutre. The black one will be move to the other room. I am also still deciding what to do for the window treatments/mistreatments. I've got a few things to work with but I just haven't made up my mind yet. Hope you enjoyed the tour! Let me know what you think of the switch! I can't wait to look at all the other living rooms today! I just love to look at people's homes!

3 comments:

  1. I love your living room! I like how bright it is. It's so neat to see how everyone's taste is different. Where did you get your daughter's dress in the main picture at the top of your page? It's super cute!

    Mary Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the room, I adore the blue and white colors - Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the after!! Good job! When I clicked over to your blog from Kelly's I thought to myself "that baby girl looks like a Bama fan!" Then I saw that her name is actually Alabama! Very cute! She is precious!
    Roll Tide!

    Tina
    The Story of Us
    www.mylifedownhere.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete