Monday, August 17, 2009

Thrifty Finds


I'm so excited to show my thrifty treasures for the week! I went to our local Salvation Army earlier in the week and found these:



two Masters travel bags - $1.50 each!


a Kenneth Cole purse. It's small, but very nice- almost new! - $2.50









a little glass jar with a cute lid - $1


I also got a large valet for a guest room. I've always wanted one of those! (I don't have a guest room now, but I'll probably use it at the house we are fixing up for guests at my Nana's.) It was $6 and needs a little glue on one of the legs. Sorry no picture!



Then I went to just a couple of yard sales on Saturday, but I found this New in the Box Southern Living Dress Me Up plate!!!!! $3!!!!!!! yay! I already have one, but they are selling on eBay for $25-30! I'm listing it today!


I also found this LARGE plate rack. I'm thinking about painting it black and putting it in my bedroom on a narrow wall beside the bathroom. Now I just need some great plates for it! It was $3, too.




Finally, here's the makeover I did for the canisters I found last week. The lids were brown with strawberries painted on them. I spray painted them black and they are stunning..especially with our new black cabinets! Love them!




I also got the hubby to hang the light fixture I've had painted for some time now. It was brass and ugly and the arms were pointing down before. I painted it black and added some new globes. I'm not 100% happy with the globes, but I already had them from another light fixuture I took down so they will do for now. I love the drama it adds to the living room!
Be sure to check out everyone's posts for their thrifty treasures over at Rhoda's blog, Southern Hospitality!

4 comments:

  1. You did get some good deals!! :) I love that plate rack!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the plate rack and the light looks so much better-you can always look for new globes later.
    Come for a visit.
    Cheri
    Its So Very Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by today & sharing your treasures! You found some great things. Love your canisters with the newly painted tops. Great job!

    ReplyDelete