Wednesday, August 5, 2009

His Protection

Yesterday, I felt like the worst mother in the world! I accidently broke the #1 rule...never leave sharp objects around your children! Alabama was laying on my bed while I got dressed. I put on a dress but decided it was too long, so I cut about two inches off of it. I got up to get a slip out of my drawer and then I heard it.....the painful scream! When I turned around she had the huge sewing scissors in her hand. I quickly took them and scooped her up and tried to see what happened. I saw a cut below her right eye and the lid was red, too. She had her eyes closed as she was crying so I couldn't see if she had hurt the inside or not. I held her and told her I was so sorry, over and over again. I couldn't believe I had been so careless! Finally, she calmed down a little and I looked her over more and saw no sign of any damage to her eye! Praise the Lord! He is so faithful to cover our mistakes with His Grace and Mercy! His Grace is truly sufficient! We are so thankful for His protection over us. I gave Alabama some Tylenol and not long after the incident, she has completely recovered and still loves her Mama! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment