Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Baby Food Preparation!

So I did go ahead and make the sweet potatoes yesterday to freeze and save for Alabama to eat later. She loved them!!!! (Still doesn' t eat the cereal too good. Guess we'll keep trying.) I wasn't sure what to do so I looked at several websites for inspiration. (I really want to get a book a saw at William's Sonoma on Baby Food Recipes). Here's what I did.
I baked several sweet potatoes on baking sheet.
Then after I peeled them all, I put them in a blender with a splash of Nursery Water. I had to keep "pureeing" until it was the right consistency by stopping and stirring several times. (As you can see, I made a big mess! no surprise there!ha)
I then put a little bit in a jar for her to eat right away and then filled two ice cube trays to freeze for later. I froze them overnight and then transferred to a freezer bag this morning.
I love that I know exactly what is in the baby's food and also I love that it is a lot cheaper than buying premade!!! It was a lot of fun so I think I'll do it again. I bought some organic carrots for the next batch.....

No comments:

Post a Comment